Check Fuel Cap Light Keeps Coming On

Category Cars
The warning lights on our cars are intended to alert us to minor and more serious issues. The fuel cap light is in the minor category, but if you have to keep taking the car in for service it can quickly become very annoying. This is a guide about check fuel cap light keeps coming on.

Tomorrow is the third time I'm bringing my car in. They replaced the gas cap and told me it was fixed. I drive for a bit and it comes on again. I know it is not dangerous, but it is annoying and inconvenient for me to keep bringing it in. It is a 2009 Honda Accord. Some blogs say it is an issue with Hondas, but this is a first for me. Any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

I had that with my previous 1999 Honda Accord but I replaced it once and it was fine.

Currently I have a 2016 Honda Accord and I had tire pressure problems where the light would be on but the pressure is fine. It went away on its own after the third time.

I would express my annoyance with the dealership and tell them it's your third time. Do you have an experienced technician who can look into this matter?

Best Answer

Update- They said the purge valve had to be replaced, which they did at no charge. Repair is guaranteed for one year, which is a good thing because I'm off for the summer and don't want to sit at the dealership waiting.

I just drove the car home and the warning did not come on. Fingers crossed...

Do you securely close your gas cap with at least 2-3 clicks?

I know I need the 3-click. I'm going to pick it up this afternoon, and when the feedback survey comes, I will mention the multiple times I had to bring it in.

Someone told me that I have to drive it 50 miles straight to have the computer reset. My trips are 25 miles or less, so this isn't going to be possible for awhile.

Thank you for your feedback.