I saw a similar project on Pinterest and was struck by how neat it looked. I thought that you could make any type of shape or even words. You could do this as a project to keep the kids busy for a while. Or you could make some one-of-a-kind cards. The possibilities are endless!
Total Time: Depends on how detailed you make it!
Yield: as many as you would like.
- markers or crayons
- Block off your paper into four different sections.
- Use your pencil to draw a heart in each box (or any other shape you would like to draw). Outline with a marker or crayon.
- Use your ruler to make lines going across the page. Have them going diagonally and straight. When you make the lines all wonky, the better the picture will turn out. Just don't overlap the lines.
- Use the ruler to mark your lines going the opposite direction.
- Pick your colors and start coloring in. It's easiest to color all the blocks one color, then move onto the other color. You can make the hearts different colors. I stuck with red and pink, and black and white. But, you can mix it up a little. Have fun with it!
- Color the outside blocks. Just be careful to not color any blocks next to eachother.
- You can also make a thank you note (or any other message) by writing out the words in block form. Follow the same directions for filling in with color.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!