Cheese Muffin Recipes
A delicious savory muffin can be made with the addition of cheese. This page contains cheese muffin recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Great for a snack or as a substitute for pasta, potatoes or rice at dinner. Easy to make, too! These muffins freeze well, as long as they are packed carefully so they don't get crushed.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
Source: Annette and Steve Economides
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (I used finely shredded)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease the muffin tins. Muffin liners are not recommended for this recipe.
- Stir together both flours, cheese, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, oil, milk and honey.
- Make a well in the bowl with the flour. Pour in the wet ingredients and combine. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.