A perfect snack for the kids this weekend. They were looking for something wrapped and crunchy and they love cheese. So I took some Shangai wraps and a bar of cheese. In bars and clubs these are served with beer or wine. They call them cheese sticks or cheese rolls. The price is twice the actual cost of the ingredients. Kids love them too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-5 minutes
Total Time: Atleast 15 minutes as
Yield: 40 pieces
- Shanghai wrapper / spring roll wrapper
- 165 g cheese (any mild or cheddar cheese)
- oil for cooking
- Slice the cheese into strips like French fries. Either thin or thick whichever you prefer.
- Place one strip in the center of the wrapper.
- Neatly fold the sides and bottom of the wrapper inside then roll. It will look like shanghai rolls.
- Fry cheese rolls until golden brown.
- Serve with mayonnaise or ketchup.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!