Cheesy Potato Soup
I love the cheese and ham in this recipe!
Total Time: about 20-30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced potatoes ($1.00)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter ($.75)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk ($.85)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ($2.39)
- 1 cup cubed ham ($1.50)
- Add water to first 5 ingredients. Cover, simmer 10 minutes. Do not drain.
- Make white sauce with next 3 ingredients.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add ham and vegetables.
- Heat through, do not boil.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!