Chicken Curry With Fresh Coconut Milk
This chicken curry is made especially good with fresh coconut milk. The addition of peppers, onions, garlic and tomatoes enhance this flavor filled dish.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Curry dishes here on the islands are a favorite of mine and especially when I make it with fresh coconut milk. This really adds to the taste of the curry and brings out the flavor. I have made this recipe using shrimp and crab also. No matter what they are delicious and you can add any vegetable that you want. This is also good with fresh broccoli and cauliflower.
Prep Time: 15 to 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 to 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 large chicken legs & thighs
- 1 large onion
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large bell peppers, cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 cups fresh squeezed coconut milk
- 2 to 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ¾ cup boiling water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Take the bones out of your chicken and cut into bite-size pieces. Add this directly to your wok.
- Dice up your onion into small pieces and add to the wok.
- Grate your ginger and add this to your wok.
- Mince the garlic and add to your wok.
- Cut up the bell pepper and tomatoes and set aside.
- On high heat, cook the chicken, garlic, and ginger until the chicken is done. I do not add oil to the pan because the chicken has enough natural oil in it that you dont need it at all.
- Add your vegetables to the wok and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce to the wok along with the bouillon cubes dissolved in the hot water.
- Season the mixture with your curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the coconut milk to the wok. You can always add a little more salt and pepper once the coconut milk has been added.
- Serve with a nice tossed salad and white rice.