BirdsPets

Chicken Eggs for Finch Food

Vote for this contest contender!

The best food for finches is not grains. They like hen eggs, removing the yolk and crushing the shell containing albumin. It will eat an egg per a day. Providing an egg daily can lead to some chances for laying an egg per day (maximum 7)

As I understand, a finch will eat the raw white of a hen egg every day. Am I correct?

This might be true and it might be good for the finches, but as grains are the main staple in the diet of the finch in the wild, I would not withhold grains and young tender 'growing greens' from them.

I would offer the egg white along with grains and greens and grit. The finches will know which to eat and in what amounts.