Chicken and Eggplant Bake
A delicious way to enjoy breaded eggplant. This recipe uses chicken drumsticks, but you can use other parts of chicken such as thighs or breasts.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr. 15 mnutes
Total Time: 1 hr. 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 drumsticks
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz mozzerella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Microwave 4 drumsticks for 5 minutes preferably in baking dish.
- Slice eggplant 1/4 inch thick. Salt the eggplant. Dip in beaten eggs and breadcrumbs. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 F.
- Spread store-bought or homemade pesto over the chicken legs.
- Layer the cooked eggplant over the legs.
- Place sliced mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan over that.
- Add crushed canned or fresh tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Tent aluminum foil over all and seal around edges. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.