Chicken in Wine Sauce
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
I had some leftover chicken broth and red wine, which I had froze. I decided to use it tonight with excellent results. I used boneless chicken thighs, but any chicken pieces will do.
Prep Time: 5 minites
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 servings. Can be adjusted
- 3 boneless chicken thighs
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- olive oil for sautéing
- red wine to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- cornstarch for thickening (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet, and add the chicken. Season to taste with spices.
- Sauté about 5 minutes, then turn over and season the other side. Sauté about 4 minutes until done.
- Add the chicken broth and wine. If desired, add a slurry of cornstarch and water. Simmer until sauce is thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with sauce on top of chicken, and serve with rice or pasta.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.