Chickpea Chip Cookies
This simple cookie recipe is actually healthy! Just in time for summer fun! Great alternative to unhealthy chocolate chip cookies.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: About 30 cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I made my own with older apples I had in my fruit dish)
- 3/4 cup low sodium canned chickpeas, mashed (I used dried chickpeas and cooked them overnight in my crock pot)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can use dried cranberries or raisins if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil 2 baking sheets.
- Combine oats, flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and applesauce until smooth. Add mashed chickpeas, egg and vanilla; combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in small batches.
- Fold in chocolate chips (or dried fruit).
- Using rounded tablespoons, drop cookies onto greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes and then transfer cookies onto wire racks.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!