Gigantic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
November 9, 2019
I just used my own chocolate chip cookie recipe and made gigantic chocolate chip cookies for my church bake sale! The cookies were 8 inches round. I wrapped them in plastic wrap. And sold them for $1.50 each. It only cost about $5.00 to make and we made $37.50. Just on 25 cookies! Success!
- 1 bag Nestles mini chocolate chips
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt)
- Preheat oven 375 F.
- Using mixing bowl, add melted butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Use an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Put dough into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Using a large spoon, drop a large spoonful of dough onto the cookie sheet. Using the palm of your hand press the cookie dough out to make it large.
- On 1 large sheet only make 6 large cookies. This should make 8 cookies. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown edges. Let cool a little/ not cold. You want to lift them up while warm. To keep them from breaking. When cool wrap up in plastic.
This year at Halloween, I won't be seeing my grandchildren due to COVID. They just love Nana's' chocolate chip cookies. I made each of the young ones thick chocolate chip cookies (giant 10'inches around) and decorated them with candy corn, dark candy corn and candy pumpkins as Jack-o'-Lanterns and carefully mailed them out to them!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.