Child SupportLegal

Child Support and Medicaid

I'm receiving Medicaid and EBT benefits for three of my children and the father is already ordered to pay child support on one. Do I have to force child support on him for the other two or can I deny it and still receive benefits for all of them?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

He is legally obligated to pay child support. The government gives you benefits based on what income comes into your home. If that income is coming in, you have to declare it. You need to make an appointment with Social Services to clarify what needs to be done.

No you legally have to accept the child support.

Yes he needs to be paying child support for all of his children they will then take your total income and adjust your benefits accordingly. I would talk with your caseworker and go with her reccomendations as it could be some time until he is actually ordered to pay anything.