Chinese Mustard Greens and Shrimp Soup
Current contest contender!
This soup is very versatile. You can eat this as is, paired with rice or even add some noodles into this soup. This is one of my favorite soups and very quick to make with just a few ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 8 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lb Chinese mustard greens
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 1 gal water
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 stem green onion
- Mince shrimp to a paste. Add some chopped green onions and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Over medium high heat boil water. Add white onions and peeled garlic cloves. Bring to a boil. Then add pinch of salt.
- Slowly pour minced shrimp into the boiling pot.
- Then add Chinese mustard greens and push down the vegetable into the water. Add fish sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Ready to serve into bowl and top off with dash of black pepper for garnishing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!