Chlorine Tab Left Stain on Above Ground Pool

I put a chlorine pill in a 12 foot x 4 foot pool and it made a huge stain on the bottom side. Now I'm worried it will tear. How much should I have put? And will it tear?

By Alma from Corpus Christi, TX

Best Answer

Yes! It will eventually ruin your liner. We have an 18 foot above ground pool that my husband dropped a chlorine tab in and didn't remove for a couple days. It removed the blue coloring from the liner and the next year when we went to clean the liner, the discolored part disintegrated and the whole liner was ruined. It may survive for awhile but get ready to replace the liner. Use a floating chlorine tab dispenser if you don't have a skimmer basket that holds the tabs.