Making a Chocolate Box Jewelry Display

Category Containers
Save that empty chocolates box and create a unique recycled display for small pieces of jewelry. This is a guide about making a chocolate box jewelry display.

Don't throw away your empty chocolate boxes. With a little fabric and glue, you can upcycle them into really cute jewelry displays. I even used a piece of a skirt that I never wore anymore, so this is practically free. Bring on Valentine's Day! :)

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 1 jewelry display

Source: The side of me that hates throwing things away met the side of me that collects too many rings.

• 1 empty chocolate box
  • 1 piece of fabric measuring 2 inches longer than box on all sides
  • glue gun with glue sticks

1. Lay your fabric over your chocolate box and dig your fingers into where the molds are. Make sure you have enough fabric to both fill the molding and to wrap around to the bottom of the chocolate box.
  2. Put a couple tiny dabs of hot glue into the first section of the empty tray. Quickly and firmly press the fabric into it.
  3. Repeat with the next sections, moving top to bottom and one side to the other. I like to add a bit of gathering to the fabric when I glue it in. It looks chic.
  4. When you've glued in all the sections, flip box over and dab glue along one edge of the chocolate box. Stretch the cloth around and secure to bottom. Do all the edges.
  5. Fill with jewelry. I like to match my jewelry's shapes to the shapes of the chocolates. Enjoy!

How creative! I love this!

Thanks, Becky!!!