Choosing a Fast and Affordable High Speed Internet Service

I am in need of cheap, good, fast, high speed internet. What do you all use? Thank you. My dial-up is very slow.

By Sarah

Answers:

I use Time Warner, but I had to have them hook the system up. (07/14/2010)

By foxrun41

If you have cell phones for primary access, you can have a data-only line installed for internet and choose the plan you can afford. Plans vary around the country so shop around. (07/14/2010)

By bkvander

I've been with A T & T a little over 3 years now. I have the "Gold Package" with ATT Dish Network (no premium or PPV.) We have 1.5 baude-rate DSL, and unlimited local and long-distance telephone without Canada or international calling. The phone and internet I need for my work-from-home marketing job, the TV package is a bit of a luxury. My bill for all this, bundled, is usually $164/month. I've gotten a bill for about $25 less in the last few months, but since hubby won't read the entire bill to me, I can't tell what made the difference.

My daughter's been trying to "win us back" to Time-Warner. They have Canada included in their regular long-distance phone plan, and their cable internet is 2.0 baude rate. We could get TWC for about $20 less than we're now paying, I'm told. The only thing stopping us from switching today is that their commission structure doesn't reward my daughter properly for a single sale. When they change that, we're going to TWC. (07/14/2010)

By JustPlainJo

I have Verizon DSL. It is not as fast as broadband, but it's fast enough for me. I can send/receive pictures and download videos with no problem. It costs me $20 a month. The package came with everything I needed to do the installation easily myself, even though I am not electronically inclined. (07/15/2010)

By Beth

I have been using Clear Wire. Excellent use. Very reasonable. The plus side is you can unplug take with and get online anywhere. I take my Clear across the state and am able to hook up, no phone calls, no techs. I love it! (07/15/2010)

By eyerishrose

I used Netzero for my dialup and found it faster to get online than any of the larger companies like AOL and MSN. I only got DSL for classes I was taking. DSL is over-rated. (07/15/2010)

By yoder178

I don't know if it's still available, but I got AT&T DSL service for $10/month. It's only like 768kb, but that is certainly faster than the 48kb from my old modem. The hitch was that I was not a present AT&T customer, so I now have AT&T telephone and DSL for $37.98/mo now after 18 months. Their customer service has been 5-star! I think they have the same package for $39.95/mo.
http://dsl-providers.nettop20.com/

For heaven's sake, don't get Charter! A nightmare! (07/15/2010)

By Cajun62234

AT&T has 6 mpbs for 24 dollars a month. That is five times faster than 1.5Mbps and it works great! (07/15/2010)

By kimsukie