AdviceCrafts

Choosing the Right Glue for a Craft Project

I need to adhere a glass fishbowl to a painted terra cotta pot. What glue is best and do I have to lightly sand before I glue them together? I also used some waterproof sealant to adhere glass beads to the pot, but didn't lightly sand first will that be alright? I didn't know if the sealant would be alright for attaching the glass fishbowl. I do have some E6000 on hand, but what do you suggest is best?

I would use Gorilla Glue. They have a glue that will work on glass. I don't think it is necessary to sand first

You don't say if it is for indoor or outdoor or if you are using food in it. I have no luck with e600. You can try cement adhesive but if I remember right they don't dry clear, which could be an esthethic issue depending on what you are making.

I am lazy and don't sand. Depends again on outside or inside use. Inside you should be fine. Outside they may not stay affixed.

Post back pictures!

Anonymous

The website thistothat.com is a really good site. There are two drop boxes. You enter what you want to glue and it will give you the answer.