Cinnamon Buns in Orange Cups
This is a super fun and easy way to make delicious cinnamon buns right inside hollowed out oranges. Leaving just enough orange meat inside the cups gives the cinnamon rolls the perfect zesty orange flavour. The best part about these is you can also make them right over a fire - great for camping!
For a super easy way to make these, just use a can of cinnamon rolls along with the oranges.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 cinnamon bun cups
- 2 large oranges
- 8 mini rolls of bread dough (I used Rhodes)
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 8 tsp melted butter
- flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place dough balls in a dish, cover with greased plastic wrap and let raise at room temperature until double in size.
- Slice oranges in half. If you're using smaller oranges, cut 1/3 from the top and use more oranges. Cut a small slice from the bottom of each orange so they stand up on their own.
- Cut and remove the insides of each orange, leaving a bit of meat on the inside. Set orange meat aside for another recipe or eat!
- You will use two balls of dough for each orange. Take two and roll together on a flour dusted surface. Roll out to a long rectangle.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Roll tightly and press into orange cup. Repeat with the rest.
- Pour two tsp of melted butter onto each cinnamon bun. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon and sugar onto the tops of the rolls.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool. Enjoy!
- *To make these on a fire, follow steps above but place oranges on a fire-safe pan and cover with foil. Place pan on a grate over your fire and cook for about 20 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!