Awesome Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon rolls are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed any time of year. This page contains an awesome cinnamon rolls recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This cinnamon roll recipe is fantastic. The dough only has to rise about 30 minutes, so you could make them on a lazy weekend morning. I am not that with it in the morning, so I make mine in the afternoon. We eat some for dessert and put the rest in the fridge for breakfast. :)
Prep Time: 1 hour (30 minute rise)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Put 3/4 cup of milk and 4 Tbsp butter into a bowl and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Then stir in the 1/4 cup cold milk to bring the temperature down a bit. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, white sugar, yeast and salt.
- Once the milk is warm (not hot) use a mixer to add the milk and 1 egg to the flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add another cup of flour and mix until combined. Turn the dough onto a well floured surface. Have a 1/2 a scoop of flour ready, you may not use all of it.
- Add a bit a flour on top and coat your hands with flour, it will be very sticky at first. Slowly fold in some flour a little at a time until it is easier to work with. Once the flour is workable, but still quite soft, knead the dough for about 5 minutes. Make sure not to add too much flour or else your cinnamon rolls will come out tough.
- Let to dough rest for about 10 minutes while you whip together the filling.
- For the filling, simply mix together 1/2 cup of softened butter, 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 1 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon.
- On a well floured surface, roll the dough out into a 12x14 inch rectangle.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the filling on top of dough, covering it edge to edge.
- Starting from the long side of the rectangle, roll the dough up and pinch the edge down.
- Use floss to score the dough to make 14 rolls. Then slide the floss under the roll at the score mark and wrap the two ends up and cross them to cut the dough.
- Place the rolls into a greased pan. Cover and let sit in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- In a 350 degree F oven, bake the cinnamon rolls for 15 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned and the center of the dough looks cooked.
- I don't like very sweet cinnamon rolls, so I like to eat them without icing. But you can make a quick and easy icing by mixing 2 Tbsp softened butter with 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and add milk a splash at a time until you reach the consistency you like. Or you could find a nice cream cheese frosting recipe. Put the icing on while the cinnamon rolls are hot, for the best results.
Make these delicious cinnamon rolls for a weekend breakfast or brunch. They are so easy and your family is sure to love them. Learn how to make Awesome Cinnamon Rolls in this short video.