Homemade Cinnamon Rolls in One Hour

Category Rolls
Don't miss out on delicious cinnamon rolls for breakfast because of concerns about a long prep time. This is a guide about homemade cinnamon rolls in one hour.

Now and then we want to make a special treat for our children. Now its so easy to make fresh, hot baked cinnamon rolls in an hour. I love this bread recipe that my girlfriend gave me. I've made fresh baked bread, rolls, and cinnamon rolls with this recipe.

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 18 Cinnamon Rolls

Source: The recipe was given to me by my girlfriend.

• 5 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
  • 2 cups hot water (105 to 110 degrees)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Glaze
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp milk

1. Add very warm water to your measuring cup and test the temperature with a candy thermometer. Your water needs to be between 105 to 110 degrees; otherwise the yeast won't rise.
  2. Add flour, sugar, yeast, oil, and salt to your mixing bowl.
  3. Pour the warm water in your mixing bowl. Using the pastry beaters on your mixer, mix the ingredients.
  4. Mix the ingredients on low for one to two minutes until you have the water mixed in the flour.
  5. Ad

6. Turn off your mixer and test the dough. Your dough needs to be sticky between your fingers. If the dough seems dry and not sticky, add ¼ cup more warm water to the mixture.
  7. Mix the dough for 6 to 7 minutes with your mixer. Your dough needs to be completely mixed so you can use it without kneading the dough.
  8. Cut the dough in half. Lightly flour the surface of your working area. You don't want to add a lot of flour to your surface or the dough. Just add enough flour so the dough wont stick when you roll it out.
  9. Roll the dough into a rectangle that is approximately 18 inches long, 6 inches wide, and ¼ of an inch thick.
  10. In a saucepan, heat the butter on your stove.
  11. Ad

12. Use a pastry brush to spread the butter over the surface of your dough.
  13. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
  14. Use a spoon to spread the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the top of the butter.
  15. Start in the middle of the dough and roll the dough into a long cylinder.
  16. Cut the dough into 3 inch pieces and arrange in a glass baking dish. When placing the rolls in the bottom of the baking dish leave a space between each roll. The rolls will rise up and fill in the spaces.
  17. After you've finished rolling out and cutting the dough, cover your glass dish with a clean dish towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
  18. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
  19. Ad

20. Use the rest of the butter to brush over the top of the rolls before cooking.
  21. Bake for 30 minutes.
  22. Mix your powdered sugar and milk in a small mixing bowl. When the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, drizzle the mixture over the top. I did not add the glaze to my cinnamon rolls because my children like them without the glaze.

Yum, they look amazing! I must try. I could make a vegan version of these easily.

Can't wait to try these - they sound delicious!

They are delicious and so easy to make. What I like about this recipe is the fact that it only takes 1 hour from start to finish.

This is just the recipe I was looking for. I keep meaning to try and make cinnamon rolls but can't get over the time commitment. Thanks for sharing.