Homemade Cinnamon Rolls in One Hour
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
March 23, 2016
Now and then we want to make a special treat for our children. Now its so easy to make fresh, hot baked cinnamon rolls in an hour. I love this bread recipe that my girlfriend gave me. I've made fresh baked bread, rolls, and cinnamon rolls with this recipe.
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 18 Cinnamon Rolls
Source: The recipe was given to me by my girlfriend.
- 5 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups hot water (105 to 110 degrees)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Add very warm water to your measuring cup and test the temperature with a candy thermometer. Your water needs to be between 105 to 110 degrees; otherwise the yeast won't rise.
- Add flour, sugar, yeast, oil, and salt to your mixing bowl.
- Pour the warm water in your mixing bowl. Using the pastry beaters on your mixer, mix the ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients on low for one to two minutes until you have the water mixed in the flour.
- Turn off your mixer and test the dough. Your dough needs to be sticky between your fingers. If the dough seems dry and not sticky, add ¼ cup more warm water to the mixture.
- Mix the dough for 6 to 7 minutes with your mixer. Your dough needs to be completely mixed so you can use it without kneading the dough.
- Cut the dough in half. Lightly flour the surface of your working area. You don't want to add a lot of flour to your surface or the dough. Just add enough flour so the dough wont stick when you roll it out.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle that is approximately 18 inches long, 6 inches wide, and ¼ of an inch thick.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter on your stove.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the butter over the surface of your dough.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a spoon to spread the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the top of the butter.
- Start in the middle of the dough and roll the dough into a long cylinder.
- Cut the dough into 3 inch pieces and arrange in a glass baking dish. When placing the rolls in the bottom of the baking dish leave a space between each roll. The rolls will rise up and fill in the spaces.
- After you've finished rolling out and cutting the dough, cover your glass dish with a clean dish towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use the rest of the butter to brush over the top of the rolls before cooking.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix your powdered sugar and milk in a small mixing bowl. When the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, drizzle the mixture over the top. I did not add the glaze to my cinnamon rolls because my children like them without the glaze.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.