Cleaner Left Wood Table Finish Dull and Streaky

My wonderful husband tried to help me by washing the table, except he used a dish washing scrub and Palmolive. Now it looks dull, streaky, and horrible.

I've tried using Murphy's oil soap and it didn't help. I'm going to use Orange Glo next. I just got this table! Please help.

I was told to use polyurethane by a guy who makes tables. You can paint brush it on.
I haven't tried it yet But I need to. I have 3 tables to fix.

Anonymous

A did the orange glow work? It's done wonders for things I've tried to repair. Light wood especially.

Did you find a solution for your table? I have a similar situation. Thanks!

Old English that you pour into your rag works beautifully and should bring your table back to life.

I tried dark Old English on a 7-foot long, beautiful, cedar-lined dresser with animal spray strip marks on the two lower sets of drawers, found in a dumpster. (I cleaned it carefully--never any stinkyness.) I thought, "Yay! It fixed it." A week later, the stripped streaks were back again. All it did was hydrate the wood temporarily. Then, my spouse told me that Old English had changed it's formulation from decades ago, so that it no longer is as effective as it was, and showed me the old bottle's chemical listing.

I compared it to my "newer" bottle. Sure enough, it was different. (It was an empty bottle we had repurposed.) Orange glow is too pale for my dresser. The Old English was only good for was cleaning and dusting--it's primary listed purpose. I'm going to try mayo next and review the LONG-term effects.
--don't knock dumpster diving. As an example, I found a brand new, undamaged sewing machine, table, & new accessories once.

Did the orange glow work for you? I've used it on a lot of wood finishes and have had very good results. Especially on lighter wood.