Cleaning Floor Tiles With Ammonia

I have grey floor tiles in the kitchen and bathroom. They are looking dull. Is ammonia good to clean floor tiles?

By Del

Best Answer

What kind of material are we talking about? ceramic, vinyl, or ?

Is there grout? If vinyl, just soap and water. If ceramic, also just a little laundry soap and water. Use old towel to wipe up dampness. Let dry and see how it looks. If grout is greying, scrub with a brush and a bit of baking soda, wipe with damp rag.

My very fussy ceramic tile layer told me to just wipe off the new tiles with a solution of ammonia and water. On a different, older and dirtier floor that I now have, a splash of ammonia in the cleaning product solution I'm using - a Mr.

Clean-type product (check the ingredients for no bleach) works well. Ammonia is also the only thing that kills cryptosporidium spores - which cause a common but devastating parasite in dogs and other animals.