Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

How do I get ink out of a dryer?

By parkinargus

Answers:

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Rubbing alcohol or fingernail polish remover. Be sure it's totally dry and gone before you turn the dryer on. (06/26/2009)

By Cyinda

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

This just happened to me. I used a Magic Eraser and it got about 50 smudgy ink spots out of my dryer within minutes. Saved me much time and grief. (07/14/2009)

By moorefish1

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

This just happened to me with a brand new dryer. I tired everything, and this is truly what worked the best:

First unplug the dryer.

1. Use acetone (nail polish remover) and scrub the ink spots as much as possible, changing the cloth or rag regularly. This will take a lot of it off. But be careful of the harmful fumes, try not to breath any of it in.

2. Rinse the dryer drum very, very well with water because the acetone is flammable. Do this by taking water in a bottle and pour it into the dryer, and spin the drum around manually, so that the entire drum gets soaked in the water. Then wipe it down thoroughly and soak up all the water. Repeat a couple times to make sure that all the acetone has been wiped off. Make sure everywhere is rinsed very well.

3. Soak 4 or 5 large towels in bleach and water (more bleach than water), throw them into the dryer, and run on high. Repeat this step if necessary. The towels will absorb all the rest of the ink.

My dryer looks brand new again. (07/23/2009)

By Mikey7264