AdviceCleaning

Cleaning Non-removable Doll Clothes

My mom has these dolls that have lights under their clothes. The clothes are glued on so you can't remove them. How can I clean them? I took a picture of the underneath of the doll. They are on plastic stands because of the light.

She is lovely.

Cleaning the clothes is going to be a challenge because of the lights.

Are there stains or do you just want to freshen her up a bit?

TEST IN AN UNOBTRUSIVE SPOT FIRST TO MAKE SURE IT CAN HANDLE THIS--If it can and if there are stains I would use a few drops of Dreft or Woolite swished in a quart of cool water and dip a white cotton wash cloth into the solution and gently (one direction--top down) wipe the spots with a well rung out rag. Use a second rag dipped in water to rinse. Gently massage out the stains with the rag, then rinse.

If it is just to freshen, you may just want to gently mist the dress (so as not to soak thru and damage the lights) with clean cold water (again test this) and let her dry in the sun for an hour.

Post back with an update!

I would spot clean only with suds from mild detergent.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 5, 2019
🌻
📓
🎂