FurnitureCleaning

Cleaning Off Paper Stuck to Wood Furniture

I recently spilled baby formula on our dark wood finished nightstand. However I didn't realize that some of the split milk got under a tissue (cardboard) box. And now the cardboard is stuck in to the wood!

Help!

I would try some olive oil on a white rag and gently massage it into the stuck paper. It should come right up. We had some ick stuck on my old Bombay table and we were out of olive oil, so my hubby found Murphy's oil soap and he said it worked faster than oil, but needed rinses off twice and dried to get the smell out. Either way, hope one or the other works for you.

Post back to let me know what works!

Try some mayonnaise. Leave it on a half hour or so.

I would use some pledge. Spray enough on the paper to saturate it really good. Let it soak for about 30 mins or so. Then wipe it gently removing a little at a time, repeat if needed until all is gone. This way you won't harm the wood underneath. Hope this helps.