Cleaning Oil Smell from Glass Bottle

One of my daughters accidentally put oil in my vinegar bottle, and now it smells like old oil. How can I get that smell out? I don't have a brush that small to go into it.

By Lynne L from TN

Wash the bottle with hot soapy water, rinse well, then fill to the neck with full strength white vinegar. Seal the top (either with the lid or a stopper, or with a couple layers of cling wrap held tightly by an elastic band) and leave for a few days in a warm area of your kitchen - top of the fridge always works for me.

Repeat the wash and rinse, check for odours - you should have a fresh smelling bottle.

Fill the bottle with very hot, even boiling water. Shake it a bit and then top it off with the hot water. The oil will float to the top. Use a paper towel or napkin to absorb the oil that has come to the top.

You can also use a little dish soap, but put it in after the water so it doesn't foam up. You still need to put more water in on top of the foam, so it fills to the top.