Cleaning Silver Rings After a House Fire

How do I clean silver rings with diamonds and gemstones in them that were in a house fire?

Use ammonia to clean the diamonds and a silver paste cleaner to clean the silver.

Use a solution of 1 cup of vinegar mixed with 1 tablespoon of salt. Clean in circular motions, rinse, and dry.

Normal cleaning I use the cheapest white toothpaste andca clean toothbrush and cool water to clean my gold and silver and gems. A fire is a different situation and I would want a jeweler to make sure they are intact, have no damage and have them clean them.

Blessings and prayers for you!

Whatever solution you decide to use, try to make sure it will not harm the stones.

Here is one method and I believe it is safe for most stones (not pearls). Mr. Clean is recommended but I've use other type cleaners.

Mix ½ Mr. Clean all-purpose cleaner with ½ water along with a splash of ammonia. You can then use a soft-bristled, unused toothbrush to loosen any soot that may be in between the stones.

Allow your jewelry to soak for 20-30 minutes. Use a soft-cloth to dry jewelry. Repeat steps if necessary.

ThriftyFun receives questions like this a lot and there are always a lot of good suggestions/answers. Check out past postings for some good ideas.

www.thriftyfun.com/.../Cleaning-Silver-Jewelry.html

Home and Garden Cleaning JewelrySeptember 10, 2018
📓
🎂
🌻