Cleaning Smoke Smell from Porcelain Dolls

I just purchased 2 musical porcelain dolls from eBay and they were very smoky and had what appears to be water stains. I opened seams and removed the music box, removed the hands, feet and head. Basically they are glued on. I basted the open seams and arm and leg openings and put in the clothes washer, low temperature and on delicate. I have a very gentle HE washer. They came out beautiful. I even put in the dryer on low heat and gentle.

These are Collector Choice dolls and the clothes are sewn onto the body. Previously, I purchased a lot of 9 porcelain dolls. I removed all the clothes and washed the same way in my washer using a small amount of Wisk laundry soap. Dried in dryer in same manner as above, they also turned out beautiful. The bodies of this group, I put in a closed bedroom with an air ionizer turned on high and left for 3 days. The smoke and musty small was removed.

how big were these dolls? We have approximately 20 porcelain dolls that were kept in the original boxes, but my mother in law smoked. There were a couple of them that were in a flood. We took one out of the box to let dry and the water that leaked out of the doll was brown. Should I go ahead and remove the hands, feet and head and put the bodies through a wash?

I have porcellin dolls that were in a grese fire and have smoke damage and have been boxed up for 14 years because they need to be cleaned any suggestions on how to clean them?