Cleaning a Blender

Category Kitchen
There are thorough and quick ways to clean this useful kitchen appliance. This guide is about cleaning a blender.

I used to hate using the blender, it was so hard to clean. One day after making a milkshake, I quickly rinsed it. Next I put some warm water and a squirt of dish washing liquid in it. Turned it on for several seconds, let it suds up, then just needed to rinse it out. It's so easy to get it cleaned that way, I no longer dislike using my blender.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

This is one of the kitchen tools that I hate to clean. It is just hard because I have to dismantle it to be able to properly clean the blades. If I don't remove the body from the base where the blades are attached, I could get a scratch or worst a wound from the blades.

Good thing sometimes I'm too lazy so what I did was put in a drop of dish soap and half a glass of water. Then I put it back on its rack and turned it on. I just let it turn for a minute or two and rinsed it with flowing water. That way I don't have to put my hand inside or destroy my dishwashing foam with its blades.

Washing my blender used to be a dreaded task. Not any longer! Now, I squeeze a little dish soap and warm water in the blender and let it run until it's clean. Then rinse and let dry.

By M. Day, OH

Fill your blender halfway with water, then add a drop of dish soap and 1 tablespoon baking soda. Replace the lid and blend.

How can I get carrot juice stains removed from my white blender lid?

Barbara

Answers

I don't know if it will work on old carrot stains, but when I get carrot stains on my food processor, I put dishsoap on it and rub with my fingers. The soap (and sometimes a hint of water) will usually remove all traces of carrot orange from the plastic.

If it doesn't work, try soaking for a while in hot water, then do the soap trick.

I wouldn't recommend baking soda except as a last resort as it might "rough up" the surface, making it more prone to staining.

I would try soaking it in bleach. Good luck.

Once read something about setting stained item out on the green grass in the bright sunshine. Said it worked wonders, worth a try! The grass trick is supposed to work on clothing, too...after pretreating.

Try a little bit of vegetable oil on some kitchen paper and wipe over, then wash up as usual. Carrot colour is oil soluble, not water soluble, like the red colour of chillis, tomatos and peppers. Hope this helps :)

Soak it in a mild solution of bleach.

Thank you. I tried the oil, letting it soak for a day. Helped a bit - but then I soaked it in 50/50 bleach water for 2 days and it is almost like new ( which it was).

I think BOTH treatments helped as one hadn't worked without the other.
Again thanks, and this is a wonderful site!

I'm impressed. I just read up on this. Didn't have any vegetable oil though so I tried Sunflower oil and it worked! I'd only used my juicer the once and the carrot stained it - now its clean! Thanks ladies.

did the veg oil thing on our new blender , worked fantastic! thanks .

Thank you!! I thought I had ruined my brother's food processor with carrots, but it came right off with vegetable oil on a paper towel.

I used olive oil on a paper towel to get the carrot stains off of my juicer. It works. THANKS!

I prepare in advance warm soapy water with bleach in full sink and as soon as am finished immediately dismantle food processor/juicer and soak all immerseable parts--carrot stain is instantly removed--when I waited awhile before soaking even 10-15 minutes, had to scrup vigoriously with old toothbrush to remove stain which was frustrating and time consuming.

Tried canola oil and that worked too! Thanx for this great tip.

I used veggie oil and the stain was removed INSTANTLY! Thanks