Cleaning a No Wax Floor

Category Floors
Cleaning no wax floors is typically an easy task. You just need to identify the best method and products to use. This is a guide about cleaning no wax floors.

We had a no wax Armstrong floor laid in our kitchen last fall. The pattern is a black and white diamond pattern. The black pattern is no problem it doesn't show the dirt, but on the white pattern we have tried everything to get it clean, nothing works! This floor has a rough surface to it that actually has little craters in the flooring. The dirt gets in the craters and we can't get it out. We are very discouraged with this floor! Is there any way to clean and then seal this type of floor to stop dirt from accumulating in the small craters?

By Richard M.

Answers

Hi Ram,
We just bought this same floor last week and I am so cranky, did you ever figure out the best way to get this floor clean! I am going out to buy the best mop money can buy, I was just doing a little research first.

I just had a new linoleum floor installed in my bathroom and put Glo coat on it to try and protect it. Now it's sticky. What can I do to get rid of the stickiness?

Thriftyone

Answers

I recently moved into a a house that has no wax floors. The previous owners however had waxed them. I found that by cleaning them every 3 days with a mixture of ammonia and water the stickiness has gone away. Just make sure that the room is ventelated when you are cleaning.
I hope that this helps.