Tips for Cleaning Floors

Category Floors
With so many flooring types available, it can be confusing as to the best way to clean your floor. This is a page about tips for cleaning floors.

When I wash my floors, I fill a bucket with clean water for rinsing my microfiber mop. In a spray bottle, I add a cleaning mixture. I spray the floor and damp mop. Depending on how dirty the floor is, I sometimes wait before I mop to allow the cleaner to soak a bit. I rinse the mop in the bucket of clean water.

When the rinse water gets dirty, empty and refill. This way you are always starting out with a rinsed clean mop. I always allow my floors air dry. You can use any type of mop and cleaning mixture. This is the mixture that I use.

Floor All Purpose Cleaner: Do not use on wood or laminated flooring. Great for tile and no-wax floors.

In a one gallon jug add in this order and mix gently. If you add the cleaners first, before the water, it will be very sudsy.

This can be used as a floor cleaner or as an all-purpose cleaner. I always have a few spray bottles around the house.

The worst treatment for a floor is to "swab it", meaning using too much water or cleaner that lays on the flooring.

For Laminate Floors: Use one cup of white vinegar to 2 gallons of warm water or recommended cleaner from manufacturer.

For Wood Floors: Use a diluted solution of Murphy's Oil cleaner or any other wood floor cleaner.

Source: Method of wash is from a floor installer, recipe is from "Consumers Report" magazine.

By it's.only.me from NE PA

This is a page about cleaning the floor by hand. Sometimes it is more practical and effective to clean your floor by hand.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Some hardwood floors can easily get water damaged and the finishes can be stripped by harsh cleaners. This is a page about cleaning hardwood floors.

This is a page about cleaning vinyl floors. You don't need to use harsh chemicals to keep your vinyl flooring clean.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about cleaning old dirty carpet. Carpet that has not been cleaned in quite awhile can present a challenge.

This is a page about cleaning no wax floors. Cleaning no wax floors is typically an easy task. You just need to identify the best method and products to use.

Linoleum flooring is back in vogue because of its green nature. However, before cleaning you sheet flooring you need to know if it is vinyl or true linoleum.

The cleaning methods are different. This is a page about cleaning linoleum floors.

This is a page about cleaning tile floors. Tile floors are popular in kitchens and bathrooms because of their durability but can be difficult to clean, especially the grout between the tiles.

Laminate floors can easily get water damaged. Knowing how to clean your laminate flooring, can keep it looking new for many years. This is a page on cleaning laminate flooring.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJuly 14, 2014
🎃
🎂
🌻