Cleaning a Stain on Cabbage Patch Doll's Face

My old Cabbage Patch preemie has a blue stained face, probably due to materials, blankets, sweat, etc. It has bald head. I soaked it in Clorox, used Ajax, used a scrub sponge, and even tried an SOS pad. It's lighter, but the blue stain won't come off around cheeks, mouth, and nose.

Is there anything out there I can try? Her face is just fine after all the cleaning. Ink would be easier to get rid of, believe me. My poor daughter had her 22 years and I wanted to clean her up and get new clothes and a nice clean face. It's not happening. Any pointers? Please.

By Kaymarie

I have had great success with acne cream that comes in a tube. You can use the cheap store brand one. Put it on the stain and walk away. Leave it on for about a week and let it get real dry. After a week wash it off. If there is still a stain there do it again. Sometimes it takes a couple tries, but most times it is gone after the first application. I have used it on ink, and black marker.

This may seem drastic...but when I went gluten free, my hot flashes diminished significantly. I also cut coffee out of my diet.

I use liquid dishwasher detergent on most everything. I can't guarantee it, but I believe if you buy the liquid, it is easier to dissolve and don't be afraid to use plenty with water soak until the stain is gone.

Use inexpensive generic liquid dishwasher detergent and water. Soak until stain is gone. I am generous with the detergent.

If you can't get the blue out, try adding just a bit of rouge. It will look like she has a lavender tint to her and perhaps you can keep the color theme going with the clothes.

I hope this helps.

Have you tried a Magic Eraser sponge? I use them for almost everything that nothing else will work on!

Baking Soda ~ make a paste, gently lay it on and let it sit a bit. Rinse gently, baking soda can be an abrasive if you rub it off. It works wonders on stains.