Cleaning an Above Ground Pool

I cleaned my above ground pool 2 days ago. I refilled it and put a chlorine tablet in the dispenser. I also added a little algaecide now after filtering for 3 days I got in the pool and it felt like a greasy substance was on the bottom. Then I noticed where I stepped it turned black as did my feet and knees. I had to take a bath and use a brush and soap to remove it. What happened to the pool?

By daneed

Best Answer

You killed the algae but you have to vacuum it out of the bottom or put a particulate stuff that makes it rise to the top and filter it out. The particulate stuff I don't like but I use a vacuum that to the water hose and remove the dead algae.

You may think about using an algaecide that last for 3 months and put it in in 21/2 months. I live in south GA and that is what I do. I keep my pool with baking soda, 3month algaecide and chlorine 3inch tabs. It is above ground 12 foot x 4 foot.

How much baking soda and how often?