Pool Water Cloudy

The filter broke, it was 3 days before I installed a new sand filter. The pool water was a disgusting green, I could not see the 2nd step on the ladder. After running the new filter, and adding shock treatment, and running 2 cycles of boost on the Krystal Clear salt chlorinator, the water is cloudy, milky. How can I get it to clear up?

By Betsy

Best Answer

My water was so cloudy I couldn't see the bottom of my pool, I called a pool store the Lady told me to go buy 2 case of chlorine and pore 6 gallons in and save the other 2 for the next day, the next day I surely could see the bottom, you have to chlorinate the heck out of it, my pool is 28 round. Hope this helps it helped for me

Best Answer

I had the same problem after treating my water with a chemical to raise the PH. To fix this, My pool guy added about a quart of hydrocloric acid to my 24ft above ground pool, and within an hour, I could see the difference. I don't want to depend on the acid to clear cloudy water, so I now use Borax to raise the PH and the water stays clear, and it's cheaper.

Where would I find borax at?

My local pool supply store will do a water sample for no charge. They can test your water and tell you exactly what chemicals and how much of them, needs to be added to the pool. I never buy Walmart type chemicals. They're not as good quality and it usually takes more to work, causing me to spend double. I only purchase from a pool retailer.