BathroomCleaning

Cleaning with a Drain Snake

I was in Walmart the other day and saw drain snakes hanging in the aisle with the cleaning supplies. I don't know if this is a new item or I have never noticed it before. I have been looking for something like this for a long time and I grabbed it. The price was $2.98.

I used it to clean the overflow spouts on the bathroom sinks. Now they are smelling fresh and clean.

It can also be used to clean the sink drain but I don't have to use it for that because we do not have the sink stoppers attached. All I have to do is lift the stoppers out and clean the drains with a baby bottle brush. The stopper works great without being attached. Just press it down and it will hold water in the sink. Use the lever to lift it up.

I'm on my way to Walmart now to grocery shop so I'll be picking up another one of these to have on hand for later use if needed.

LG,

Drain snakes are not new, but I had no idea they were made in a miniature version. This has got to be a very useful little gadget. Thanks for posting.

The ZipIt drain cleaner is great on hair. Cheap to buy at hardware store. They say to throw them out after use, but i rinse mine and hang it up.

I saw one made from cutting slits in a large zip tie, but havent tried making my own. Im amazed how much hair the ZipIt will pull out of my drain. Love it