Clothespin and Wood Picture Frame

I have been loving the clothespin picture frames trend, so I thought this project would be perfect and a simple way to up-cycle some sample wood flooring that my sister used to select her flooring. It is the perfect picture frame to place on my mantel.

*These are the little free samples from The Home Depot to help you decide on which flooring to go with.

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. Paint your wood pieces/samples with your desired color. I went with Americana DecoArt acrylic paint in the color Peacock Teal. I had to go over with about 2-3 coats. The time consuming part of this project was the drying time. I allowed my pieces to dry overnight.
  2. I measured the Washi tape and cut. Then applied Washi tape on the clothespin and went around with an Xacto knife to cut off the remaining pieces. You don't have to use Washi tape, you can paint your clothespin too.
  3. Snap together the wood samples and then hot glue the clothespin down. You can create this wood frame as a horizontal frame (like I did) or vertical. Note: Be sure to test the photo to see if it fits before securing clothespin down with hot glue. I liked the simple aspect of this frame, but you can totally decorate the edges or around the frame if you'd like with seashells. You can also use it for a notes (not pictures), but it fits a 4x6 photo perfectly.