A delicious quick bread for coconut lovers. I will write the recipe as written. I made the substitution of whole wheat flour and 5 packets of Splenda instead of the sugar.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 cup coconut (I used sweetened)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- Toast the coconut at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until brown, stirring often.
- Mix the coconut with the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 F for one hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!