Collecting Back Child Support from SSI

My dad is about to get SSI and owes back child support from when I was younger. My mama stopped it, but he still owes something. Will Social Security take that from his pay and if so will I receive anything? I'm 18.


By K. Michelle

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

August 24, 20130 found this helpful

You will have to talk to your local Social Security Office and the Office of Child Support Enforcement. The way I look at is you are an adult, why would you get anything? I would think something should go to your mother being she spent hard earned money raising you.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 27, 20130 found this helpful

Talk to Social Security.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportAugust 23, 2013
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Valentine's Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/02/14 23:16:45 in 614 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!