Collecting Child Support Payments

Does anybody know how I can collect child support benefits from my ex husband who is currently collecting VA benefits and is enrolled in school getting that paid for too. He has 2 grown children and has never paid any support and will probably never get a real job. He lives off woman and their money. Can I get his benefits garnished? Does anybody know?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

I believe your best route is to consult with an attorney experienced in child support cases, however, as the children are now adults, you may face a hard road trying to collect anything. It is much better to know now what your options are, and the possibilities of collecting anything, from an experienced attorney.

I do know that just trying to go to the local agencies hoping they will help is most probably useless. As the children are now adults, the pressure is off on any collection attempts.

I agree that only an attorney specializing in this area can give you correct advice. If you had a legal agreement concerning child support when you divorced then you MAY be able to collect something but probably not since it appears his only income is from the VA.

I believe the VA may even give you some information about what can be done - legally - so why not start there?