Collecting Child Support

I am posting this question to your forum regarding my child who is 6 yrs. old and the father is a 78 year old American. The father of my child is now disabled after his stroke and heart attack. He cannot remember anything anymore so he has had a guardian appointed by the clerk of the court. Because of this, how can I get my child support? What should I do? I am in the Philippines; I bore my child out of wedlock.


I hope to get help from here. Thank you.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

May 29, 20150 found this helpful

It is difficult to give helpful answers as you have not provided very much information. Is there already a legal child support agreement between the father and you? If so, you can return to the legal firm that created the document for help. If there is no legal document, you most probably will need to find an attorney specializing in child support matters for help. It is often difficult to arrange regular child support matters and will be much more difficult if different countries are involved. The legal costs can be quite high depending upon the services you may need.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 30, 20150 found this helpful

As Dinah Ackerson stated - this is a very complicated situation that only an attorney specializing in child support (in your country) could help you with. I do not believe anyone in this country can help you at this stage.


You will probably have to prove who the father is (DNA testing) as well as many other questions that will be asked (any legal agreements between you and the father?/ what has been paid in child support in the past?).

This will be a very long process (many, many months) and with a private attorney, a very expensive case.
Even in the US this would be a long process.

I do not know what type of support (VA pension/Social Security/private money) you are asking for but you could try writing to those organizations involved and see if they can give you any help - to get you started on the "right" path.

Any way you go with this will require personal information on the people involved - Social Security numbers for sure.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportMay 28, 2015
Halloween Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by ThriftyFun.

Generated 2018/09/19 13:13:48 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!