Child Support and Income Changes

If the father had a large change in income from 76,000 to 101,000 and did not tell the mother, however his income has dropped back to 85,000 per year now, how does that work? Shouldn't he have been obligated to report such a significant change?



Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

February 12, 20150 found this helpful

No the father isn't obligated to report changes in income to the mother. That being said, I would think your local Child Support Collection Office should know about it. If nothing else you could set up an appointment to talk to them about the matter.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
February 14, 20150 found this helpful

All of this should have been listed in the original child support decree so you should reread this and if your friend had a good attorney (better than his) it should state how future income changes would be handled.

If it does not state anything about "changes" in income then your friend may have to return to court and try to get it changed. Most likely there will not be anything done about the past but (?) it may be worth a try.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportFebruary 12, 2015
Halloween Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by ThriftyFun.

Generated 2018/09/19 13:13:52 in 942 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!