Collecting Child Support from a Deceased Parent

The father of my twin daughters is deceased, because of his large insurance payout isn't he still obliged to pay the child support till they're 18?

This is a question for Social Security. Make an appointment with them with documentation that he was the girls' father and that he is deceased. You may also need a lawyer for the insurance payout. If you can't afford a lawyer, contact the Legal Aid Society.

I am not clear what you are asking.

If it is can his insurance payouts be sent to your daughters? That would need to be taken up with whomever he designated as beneficiary. This would probably necessitate a lawyer if the children are not the beneficiaries. People do have a right to designate anyone the choose, so unless you had papers saying otherwise, that may be a losing battle.

If you are asking about social security survivors benefits, that needs to be addressed by the social security administration. Their contact info is:

www.ssa.gov/.../phone.html

If he was a veteran, there may be benefits through the VA. Their contact info is
www.va.gov/.../benefits_contacts.asp

Prayers and condolences to all.

Oh my goodness honey. Let me see if I can help you. I have identical twin girls myself whom are now 28. I'm afraid you probably do not have access to any of the insurance policy payout. The payout would go only to the beneficiary. But on the other hand. You're twins do have the lawful right to receive their fathers social security. Just contact the social security administration where you live and explain your situation and they should be able to help you. Good Luck