Collecting Past Child Support After Obligor Dies?

Is it possible to receive anything for a child support case left running over a child's lifetime after the obligated parent has passed away? Father was deceased at (child's) age 20, now 25. I was told in a child development course discussion, that it is possible to receive the past due funds from the deceased parent's SS.


Especially since I am still considered dependent wise in the government's eyes and the case was definitely kept open. The only reason it wasn't "pushed" is because someone who is just not going to pay, isn't doing us any more good in jail... still, it stayed open.

By K Johnson

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

January 24, 20140 found this helpful
Best Answer

You are going to have to talk to your local Social Security Office and Child Support Enforcement office. Most of the time if a deadbeat parent has to spend a little time in jail that will shape them up. Their driver's license can also be taken away and their income tax could have been garnished, providing you had been working with the Child Support Enforcement office.


Also their wages can be garnished. There isn't any reason for the parent to be very far behind on child support.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportJanuary 23, 2014
Summer Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-07-14 11:10:25 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.