Company Review: Publix Grocery

What you like or don't like about a grocery store helps you decide where you want to spend your food dollars. This is a guide about company review: Publix grocery.

I recently bought a food dehydrator and wanted to try beef jerky. I read the instructions and it said to use aged lean beef. I went to Publix Grocery (that was the closest to the motel) and asked what time they marked their meat down and was told they did not. I was puzzled because I thought all grocery stores marked down. They said it was company policy not to. They have to throw it away.

I won't shop Publix again, I find this very wasteful and terrible. They would rather throw food away than sell it cheaper. Funny thing is that I don't buy marked down often I shop the sales and will occasionally pick up marked down if something is in line with what I'm shopping for at the time. They just lost one customer due to greed.

By Notwrong

Shame on Publix, that's wasteful and unfriendly for the environment. Not to mention their customers. Makes for higher prices, I'm sure.

Hello, I would like to speak in defense of Publix. They do not mark down their food but they DO give it to non-profit kitchens where they feed the homeless.

I have friends who work for Publix and they give a LOT of food away everyday or so.
Many times we only know part of the story so please be careful to know the whole truth before you judge. Publix does not advertise this and most employees do not have this information.

Aged beef is not beef going out of date. Aged beef is a process done before it gets to the grocery store.

Many stores donate their soon-to -expire stuff to food banks and the like.