RiceRecipes

Cook Lentils with Brown Rice

Organic brown rice has been a staple for my family all my adult life. In the last few years, I have been enjoying small brown Spanish lentils for soup and stew. Recently I tried adding these lentils to my long grain brown rice before cooking. I found that using 1 part lentils to 4 parts rice was great. Not only do they cook in the same pot, it tastes great, and helps complete the protein of my meal.

Do they need to soak 1st? The lentils.

No, I didn't soak the lentils. These are a small Spanish variety and cooked in the same amount of time. I cook these with 2 parts water to 1 part rice & lentils; 2 1/2 cups water, 1 cup rice and 1/4 cup lentils. Bring water & Tbsp. olive oil to a boil. Add rice & lentils. Turn down to simmer, cover, and steam for 1 hour. Don't open and look in pot until nearly done.

I did this with regular lentils following your instructions and they were delicious. I added a bit of sea salt to mine before serving. Thanks for posting.

Food and Recipes Recipes RiceJuly 25, 2019
🐛
🌻
📓