Cooking Bacon for BLTs

Category Cooking Tips
There are a few tricks to preparing bacon for sandwiches. You want your meat flat, crisp and free of excess fat. This guide is about cooking bacon for BLTs.

What is the best way to cook bacon for BLTs?

By jasmine from Pasadena, CA

Answers

Best Answer

When cooking lots of bacon, it's easier to bake it in the oven. Line a jelly roll pan with foil, then put down a sheet of parchment paper. Arrange the bacon in a single layer and bake at 375 till done. Takes maybe 10-15 minutes.

Best Answer

I cook it in the microwave, too. But I put two paper towels on the bacon tray, lay my bacon on top of this and add another layer of paper towels to stop splatters. I cook till crispy. MUCH less fat and taste wonderful!

Best Answer

From someone who used to cook for a gold camp just outside of Fairbanks, AK, I can tell you the easiest way.
With two baking sheets the same size, I lined one with the bacon, and sat the other right on top with the baking side up...just like you were stacking them clean in your cupboard.

Nest them. If you will, with the bacon in between. This accomplishes two things. The bacon is flat and cooks faster, and you don't have any grease splatter. Hmm, now I am suddenly hungry!

I have a bacon tray for the microwave and I love it. Place bacon on tray, cover with a paper towel and cook until desired crispness.