Copycat Recipe for McCormick's Herbs de Provence Gourmet Seasoning

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for the discontinued McCormick's Gourmet Herbes de Provence roasted chicken and potatoes seasoning packet? It's a family favorite and I can't find any recipes that taste similar.

I dont have the exact recipe but I did get this list of Ingredients. If you are willing to experiment you can probably approximate it.

ONION, SEA SALT, HERBES DE PROVENCE (ROSEMARY, CHERVIL, MARJORAM, THYME, SAVORY, AND LAVENDER), GARLIC, SPICES, CORN STARCH, UNREFINED SUGAR, SUNFLOWER OIL, AND CITRIC ACID

It drives me nuts when they discontinue things. The consumer is supposed to always be right :)

There are other brands that are not perfect, but you may like. Trader Joe's has something similar and, if I remember correctly, Penzey's does also. I know Penzey does mail order. I am not sure about Trader Joe's

Sometimes you can find the packets for sale on eBay. I have bought discontinued items there quite often and as long as you can verify with the seller that it still has a good date (and they have good feedback) you can often get what you want!

Best wishes to you!

There are very few copycat recipes for any of the McCormick's seasonings.

This is probably the closest you will get to the original taste of that packet and the container of herbs/spices may not be available very much longer.

www.mccormick.com/.../roasted-chicken-with-herbes-de-provence

www.walmart.com/.../47927457?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId...

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat CondimentsFebruary 28, 2019
🐛
🌻
😎
📓