Cranberry Orange Relish

I love cranberries at the table for all my holiday meals, and this is a vibrant version to serve alongside your meats and veggies. It only uses a handful of fresh ingredients with zero fuss of cooking anything down. This was a hit at my Thanksgiving party, and will be making an appearance for Christmas!

I used this in my day-after-Thanksgiving turkey sandwich and it was so good! :)

1. Peel and core the apples, then cut into thick slices.
  2. Peel the zest off the orange, leaving the white part on the orange.
  3. Cut the orange in half, then cut one half into small segments.
  4. Place cranberries, apples, half the orange zest (save the other half for another recipe), and the half orange segments into a food processor.
  5. Pulse everything a few times until chopped up.
  6. Squeeze in the juice from the other half of the orange. Pulse one or two more times, but leaving it a bit chunky. You don't want a paste.
  7. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sugar a little at a time to see how much suits your tastes. Add in salt, if desired. Let it rest at room temperature for half an hour until the sugar dissolves. Cover and store in fridge until ready to use.