Cream Puffs

Cream puffs are good anytime! They can be filled with custard, whipped cream, or pudding. I like to make the filling with 1/2 sugar free vanilla pudding mixed with 1/2 whipped cream which is unsweetened. That way there's no sugar, unless it's added as for the powdered sugar dusted on the tops.

Prep Time: 30 min

Cook Time: 35-40 min

Total Time: 1.5 hr

Yield: 12

Source: Old Betty Crocker book

1. Heat oven to 400F. Heat water and butter to a rolling boil. Add the flour and turn the heat to low.
  2. Stir vigorously over a low heat (about a minute) or until mixture forms a ball in the pan. Remove from heat.
  3. Add the eggs all at once. Continue mixing until the mixture is smooth.
  4. Finish stirring with a spatula or spoon.
  5. Take a big heaping Tablespoon full of your dough, and swipe it off the spoon onto your cooking sheet. Sort of make a twisty peak on the tops as the dough is swiped off with your finger from the spoon (twist optional); then bake.
  6. While the puffs are baking, you can make your instant pudding and your whipped cream in two separate bowls, then refrigerate.
  7. When the puffs are done, place them on a rack to cool, away from any drafts, as any cool air blowing on them will cause them to "un-puff" or flatten out.
  8. When they're cooled completely, cut just the upper third off the top (gently)of the ones you're going to eat right away. I am showing how the inside of the cut puff will have what's called a webbing or filament inside, and you just pick that out, there's very little. Set aside your puffs for now.
  9. Now take your chilled pudding, and gently fold into your whipping cream with a spatula.
  10. Then fill the puffs you're going to eat right away with the pudding whipped cream mixture, and dust with powdered sugar, which is optional. Enjoy!

Honey, these would put a hurtin' on my diet (and I would love every minute of it). They look delicious, and beautiful, too!

Thank you likekinds for the nice compliment! :)

It's happening again, Suz! My mum made these cream puffs a few days ago! Ahhh! These are SO very similar to hers too!!! I love these and I love our constant jinxing!

Attosa, this is really wild huh? I mean we aren't sharing what we're making and eating, YET we're making the same things :) hahaha I don't get it, but it's sure funny how your mom, you and me are all making the same foods!!! WOW that's incredible! :) Really it is!!

I love it too that we do this. I'm wondering "how can that be"? yet, it IS happening. :)

hehehehhehehe

Attosa, I've got to tell you something that is really SUPER strange too.

I (was going to submit) my Shish Kabobs also, but I saw *your* Shish Kabobs were just posted! I'm sooo serious it's now scary,
but in a good yet incredible scary way! :)

HAHAHAHA I am giggling with delight. This is truly remarkable and I love it! It's cute too because we can eat the same things at the same time, and have our chats, so it's almost like we are hanging out ;) Awww!

That's right, it really is! :) That makes it so nice.
Me too, I'm tickled inside :)

I'm loving this thread, ladies. :) Keep those twin recipes coming.

I have had that happen to me before. I've taken a bunch of pictures for a recipe only to approve a member's recipe before I get posted. Usually, I wait a few weeks (or months) to publish my version. And I sent my sister to Atossa's Coconut Chicken soup recipe recently because it is so similar to one I make regularly.

Wow, that is incredible to me! :)
I am chuckling because I can imagine that too Jess with all the recipes coming in, and then someone else just made the same thing, and of all the things to cook, yep :) That's wild! :)

We will keep them rolling in!! It's pretty cool how that happens, especially when they're not super common recipes like cream puffs and kabobs!

:)

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts DessertsJuly 19, 2019
🐛
📓
🌻
😎