Cream Soup Recipes

Category Cream Of
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream soups can be somewhat decadent and a delicious complement to your meal. This page contains cream soup recipes.

Regular canned cream soups are usually full of sodium and fat and are expensive. So many casserole recipes call for a can of creamed something and just don't taste quite the same without it. All of my bunch has to watch out for the salt intake, so we really like this recipe.

• 2 cups non-fat dry milk powder (instant powdered milk)
  • 3/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
  • 2 Tbsp. dry onion flakes
  • 1 tsp. basil flakes
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 2 Tbsp. dry celery flakes
  • If you have dried mushrooms to add when cooking the soup that would be good.

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Store in a quart sized container with a lid. Can be kept for several months.

To cook: Combine 1/3 cup of the mix and 1 and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan. Over a medium heat, stir well until it comes to a boil and boil for one minute while continuing to stir.

It is now ready to use in any recipe that calls for a can of cream of something soup. I use it in all my regular casserole recipes. It tastes pretty good as a "Cup of Soup" also.

Source: Got this from a website called hillbillyhousewife.com several years ago.

By Elaine from OK

This is a great soup for Christmas Eve. Very good, cheesy soup. Love the veggies in this, too.

• 3 cups potatoes, cubed
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1/2 cup carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped onions
  • 1 tsp. parsley
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • dash pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese

Directions:

In large saucepan, combine potatoes, water, celery, carrots, onion, parsley, bouillon cube and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer until vegetables are done. Gradually add milk that is mixed with the flour. Cook on low heat until thickened. Add cheeseand stir until melted. It will curdle if left on too high of temperature. Do not boil!

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Very creamy with lots of flavor and easy to do.

Directions:

Mash cooked vegetables into small pieces. Bring all ingredients, except cream, to a boil. Stir in cream and heat through.

Serves 6

Source: I am not sure. Had it a long time. Probably somewhere on the "web".

By Southern Lou from Deltona, FL

I cook only for myself, and try to find economical, but tasty, choices to enjoy. Now that the weather is cold, I especially like soups. Here's a different take on an old stand-by, Chicken Noodle:

Combine in a small saucepan, one can Chicken Noodle soup with one can Cream of Chicken soup.

Add ONLY one can, of half water, half milk, to the condensed soups; mix well. Heat to desired temp, and enjoy.

This yields two meals for me. (I buy the cheaper store-brand soups. You'll be surprised how good this combo is!)

By Maggie from Park Hills, MO

I had a really great recipe for (cream of ham soup) and lost it. I would love to taste that rich, wonderful, silky soup again. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot.

By cajunshirl64 from Rodessa, LA

Anonymous

In a saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter.

Blend in 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon Salt and a dash of pepper.

Add 2 1/2 cups milk all at once.

Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.

Add 1 cup diced cooked ham and 1 finely chopped hard boiled egg.

Heat through.

Top with crutons made from toast.

Yum, this sounds great! It is different from the one I had but definitely a keeper. Thanks so very much!

Shirley

Hi, fortunately, this sounds great but I am a 52 year old man and just learning to cook. Are the measurements in teaspoons or tablespoons? And is the egg fried hard or boiled? Thanks hope to make it this week and surprise my wife with it.

Travis in Ohio

Editor's Note: Generally T. stands for Tablespoon and t. stands for teaspoon. I'm sure it is a hard boiled egg, like you would use for egg salad or deviled eggs. Good luck and be sure to post your results and your wife's reaction.

Winter months are approaching. Does anyone have a good recipe for a Cream of Turkey with Rice soup?

Sue from Reading, PA

Hi Sue, I found this recipe by Jordanna Novak on Allrecipes.com -- it has a 4.5 star rating and people really seem to like it :-)

Turkey Wild Rice Soup

3 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth

2 cups water

1/2 cup finely chopped green onions

1/2 cup uncooked wild rice

8 slices bacon

1/2 cup margarine

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 cups half-and-half cream

1 1/2 cups cooked, diced turkey meat

2 tablespoons dry sherry

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot over medium heat, combine chicken broth, water, green onions and wild rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, 35 to 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Allow to cool and then crumble. Set aside.

When rice is tender, melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper all at once. Cook, stirring, until smooth and bubbly. Stir in half-and-half and cook until thickened, 2 minutes. Stir half-and-half mixture into rice mixture. Stir in bacon, turkey and sherry. Heat through and serve.

Does anyone know the recipe for the creamy soup served at the Dixie Stampede? It is so delicious and I would love to know how to make it.

By Tricia M. from Ridgeway, VA

Answers:

Dixie Stampede: Cream Soup Recipe

Ingredients

• 3 Tbsp. margarine (I use salted butter)
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. corn syrup
  • 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp. white pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked vegetable (I use diced canned potatoes and canned carrot slices diced very small, Veg-All will work)
  • 1 pint half-and-half cream (I've also tried it with heavy cream for a richer taste, mmm)
    chopped fresh parsley

Directions

In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute. Do NOT brown.

Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.

Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency. Stir constantly - do NOT bring to boil.

Garnish with chopped parsley and serve. good luck.
(10/25/2009)

By kffrmw88

Dixie Stampede: Cream Soup Recipe

I sent in a recipe for the newsletter to print. Maybe it will be the next one. (10/28/2009)

By SouthernLou